The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, project manager, analyst and team player, who will bring relevant experience to an experienced team to manage enterprise-class software in the cloud using advanced technologies and tools.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Install, configure and maintain production and test systems in virtual environments
- Monitor production systems and perform emergency services over 24x7 rotation
- Collaborate with Development and Support to troubleshoot production issues
- Perform operating system, security and application updates using system management tools
- Maintain and enhance monitoring and alert systems to ensure application reliability
- Produce and maintain documentation for internal processes
- Identify and automate operational processes through scripting
- Evaluate and implement new technologies to assist overall operation
- Contribute to system and infrastructure design
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Administration and troubleshooting skills in Ubuntu Linux
- Ability to script in Unix shell and PHP
- Experience/Knowledge of Postfix, Glusterfs, NFS, LVM, iptables, routes
- A plus with one or more of the following
- Experience with Apache, MySQL, Cassandra, ActiveMQ
- Experience with cloud and virtualization technologies such as Amazon Web Services / AWS EC2, VMWare, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with monitoring and administration solutions such as Nagios, Puppet
- Understanding of multi-threaded multi-tenant web application designs and issues
- Passionate to learn necessary skills to maintain all aspects of a cloud application
Success oriented, wants small company atmosphere, works in a fast paced team, intelligent, inquisitive, self-motivated, resourceful, and delivers on commitments.
BS or BA - MS preferred
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
** We will not provide relocation for this position. Local candidates only please.
** We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
** Please include your salary expectations when you apply for this position.